Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions
Orders are accepted subject to the Conditions of Sale set out below.
1. GENERAL. The "Company" means UniversalMeterServices LTd. The "Contract" means the contract agreed between persons or a Company whose order is accepted by the Company. The "Customer" means the person placing the order in their own right or on behalf of a Company.
All quotations are written and all orders are accepted subject to the following terms and conditions. Variations and additions can only be accepted in writing.
2. PRICES. Every effort will be made to adhere to prices published in £ Sterling but the Company reserves the right to change electricity meters prices without notice at any time. Prices of imported goods may be subject to currency exchange fluctuations. Delivery charges will be at cost unless by prior agreement.
3. PAYMENT. Payment by invoice must be within 30 days of receipt of goods unless otherwise agreed previously.
4. ORDERS. The Company reserves the right to refuse to supply any person or Company. Catalogues, price lists and other advertising matter are an indication of the goods offered and no particulars therein shall be binding on the Company. Responsibility for ensuring that Goods are suitable for a particular application is the Customer's unless stated in writing. To avoid duplication of verbal orders any confirmation by post, facsimile or e-mail must clearly indicate 'Confirmation only'. Cancellation or partial cancellation of orders for non standard, special build items can only be cancelled by prior negotiation and agreement to indemnify the Company against expense incurred.
Your rights as a consumer
In accordance with the law, you have a 7 day 'cooling off period' in which you have the right to cancel your purchase and receive a full refund. You do not need to give a reason for cancelling your purchase. We are obliged to refund your payment in full within 30 days of your cancellation.
How to cancel within the 7 day cooling off period
Should you wish to cancel your purchase within the 7 days 'cooling off' period, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at
14 Leyburn grove,Paignton,Devon,TQ4 5JH
Please tell us your name and address. If your order was made from this website, please tell us the WorldPay transaction ID. If your order was made by post, please say so.
Refunds due to cancellation
Should you cancel your purchase with this 7 day 'cooling off' period, we will refund your payment in full. If you paid by credit or debit card from this website, your refund will be made directly to your credit or debit card within 30 days of your cancellation. If you paid by any other means, your refund will be made by cheque which will be posted to you within 30 days of your cancellation. There will be no charges for cancellation within this 7 day cooling off period.
Returns and refunds outside the 7 day cooling off period
Refunds for unwanted goods will only be made where the goods are returned unused, unopened and in re-saleable condition. Unwanted goods must be returned to us within 7 days of delivery.
Returning unwanted goods
Unwanted goods should be returned within 7 days of delivery. You should post them, unopened and undamaged, to
6. LIABILITY. The Company shall not be liable for any damage, loss or expense resulting from the failure to give advice or information or the giving of incorrect advice or information whether or not due to the negligence of the Company, its employees agents or subcontractors. These Conditions of Sale set out the entire liability of the Company to the Customer in respect of the Goods and shall be in lieu and to the exclusion of all other warranties, conditions, and other terms implied by statute or common law save for any implied terms which by law cannot be excluded. Nothing in these Conditions of Sale excludes or limits the liability of the Company for death or personal injury caused by the Company's negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation. The Company's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise shall be limited to repairing, replacing or at the Company's option refunding monies already paid in respect of the Goods. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise) costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees, agents or subcontractors) which arise out of or in connection with any Contract.
7. GUARANTEE. The Company will transfer to the Customer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the Manufacturer
8. COURIER DELIVERY. Provided the Customer can prove late or non-delivery beyond the control of the Company then the Customers account will be credited with the delivery cost.
9. LEGAL CONSTRUCTION. All contracts shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law.
10. FORCE MAJEURE. If the Company is prevented from adhering to the contract due to reasons beyond control of the Company then the Company may delay or cancel the contract and shall not be responsible for the delay or inability to deliver. Every effort will be made to complete the contract but the Company shall not be held responsible for delay or inability to deliver.
11.Any goods that are advertised on site may not be fully reflective of the goods recieved but all meter spec will be as close to specs defined in the description pictures may show one model type and the company will not be held responsible for any cosmetic changes to the goods we have added these for customer understanding even though it is pointed out in clause 4.